EARLY INTERCEPTIVE TREATMENT
While most people think about braces during their teen years, there are many reasons why your child should visit an orthodontist before that time.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children receive an orthodontic evaluation no later than age 7.
Many problems are more easily treated if detected early. Seeing an orthodontist at age seven can give us the chance to:
- Correct incorrect jaw growth
- Guide jaws into their correct position
- Fix harmful habits such as thumb sucking habits
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
- Eliminate speech problems
- Lower risk of trauma to teeth that stick out too much
- Prevent lengthier and more invasive future treatment
Some signs to watch out for in your child that might indicate they need early interceptive treatment are:
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Finger sucking habits
- Esthetic problems that might affect your child's appearance and self-esteem
- Speech problems
- Teeth that stick out too much (buck teeth)
- Breathing problems
- Shifting of the jaws
- Crowded teeth
- Early or late loss of teeth
While only a minority of patients will actually need early treatment or intervention, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Identifying potential problems early can save you and your child more involved treatment in the future, saving you time, money and headaches later on.
At Drubi Orthodontics, we place great emphasis on early detection and prevention. That is why we offer free examinations to all our patients. Even if nothing needs to be done at the moment, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that you are doing the right thing for your child.
If no treatment is necessary at the time of the initial evaluation, you will be placed in our exclusive program for periodic evaluations. During these evaluations (usually every 6-12 months), we will monitor how your child is growing and it will allow us to choose the best time for treatment, resulting in faster treatment times.
Ways To Get Started
1. Give us a call at (305) 509-6560 and one of our specialists will assist you in scheduling your free exam, consultation, and digital x-rays.
2. Complete the form below to request a call to schedule an appointment